Re: Stepbacks and Meal Reliefs

Hi there

You sound like a tube driver, I don't know about meal breaks for AUS train
crew but we roster tram drivers between 40min & 90 min meal breaks on a
shift length of 6h30-8h15 and a maximum one piece of 4h45,there is no
minimum amount for a shift portion before mealbreak, unlike the tube which
has (or at least had) a 2h45 min before a mealbreak, As for step backs it
doesn't happen very often on trams most shifts are 2 piece jobs although a
few in the peaks may have 3 pieces. I remember from my time on the tube that
Wood Green was good for missing your EB>>WB stepback on a saturday arvo :-)
Also Brixton in the peaks when plan B wasn't in operation (not very often)
had step backs of 2 trains (ie: you picked up the next train on the platform
you arrived on).

Regards
Anthony Tubbs
Roster Clerk & Tram Driver (yep i'm multiskilled)
Swanston Trams
Melbourne, Australia