Re: Stepbacks and Meal Reliefs

In article <AdFv5.7578$tj4.49302@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "nicky" <nickydsantos@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> You sound like a tube driver,

Ah ha! You've rumbled me. I've had to use a false name because of LUL
paranoia.

>I don't know about meal breaks for AUS train
> crew but we roster tram drivers between 40min & 90 min meal breaks on
>a shift length of 6h30-8h15 and a maximum one piece of 4h45,there is no
> minimum amount for a shift portion before mealbreak, unlike the tube
which
> has (or at least had) a 2h45 min before a mealbreak,

Sounds very sensible. Our shift lengths vary between 4:30hrs to 8:30hrs
and a maximum one piece of 4:15hrs or a maximum of 8:30hrs. We can have
a maximum of 5:15hrs before a mealbreak.

>As for step backs it
> doesn't happen very often on trams most shifts are 2 piece jobs
although a
> few in the peaks may have 3 pieces. I remember from my time on the
tube that
> Wood Green was good for missing your EB>>WB stepback on a saturday
arvo :-)

Wood Green is now closed, as is Oakwood. All crews on the East end are
now at a new depot at Arnos Grove. Most lines have been "rationalised"
in the same way.

> Also Brixton in the peaks when plan B wasn't in operation (not very
often)
> had step backs of 2 trains (ie: you picked up the next train on the
platform
> you arrived on).

Provided the trains are running in turn that's no problem.

Regards

Frank (or whatever)

> Regards
> Anthony Tubbs
> Roster Clerk & Tram Driver (yep i'm multiskilled)
> Swanston Trams
> Melbourne, Australia

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.