Re: [NSW] Olympic Timetable, Day 1 report

After my nightshift, I caught the 0630 Katoomba service from Central (which
is roughly the same as the previous day's 0632 Mt Victoria). Normally, the
0632 train stops Strathfield, Granville, Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith, all
to Mt Victoria. Under the new timetable, the 0630 train stops at Redfern and
Olympic Park as well. At the moment, the station stops seem to be too long
but will be more realistic come Friday and beyond.

It was a slow trip to Olympic Park while waiting for the road, which was
operating with all arrivals and departures on platforms 2/3. The indicator
showed the train as going to Blacktown with first stop Lidcombe but we were
going to Katoomba, first stop Granville. A couple of trains were passed
before joining the mainline again. I didn't see most of the passenger loads
in the citybound direction as I fell asleep and woke up as the train arrived
at Penrith.

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com