Re: The Lunatics Have Taken Over Town Hall Station

I was on Town Hall yesterday, and found the arrangements perfectly
reasonable considering the crowds with which it will have to deal. Even at
lunchtime the station was relatively busy, and I found that the
discouragement of counter-flowing traffic in pedestrian areas made for easy
movement to and from the platforms.

Graham Smith

Michael Lewis <mdlewis@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
RBiv5.5279$tj4.39248@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:RBiv5.5279$tj4.39248@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> At 2:00 pm today barriers all personned by big kids, strewn over the
concourse
> stopping people from catching trains, forcing little old ladies to climb
up and
> down stairs or take a s ..h....o...r............t walk to Martin Place
station. Poor police standing round bemused
> waiting reluctantly for the first fight.
>
> The Loonies (or nazis?) have taken over. The fare paying public and the
tourist
> guests be damned. Ve must have nice empty and safe stations!!!
>
> Get these pesky people out.
>
> I was about to say, "Seriously, the situation is crazy", but I am serious
already.
> We are experiencing the first bout of "doctrinaire", rather than
considered and practical measures - similar to the 6:am
> towing away of cars parked on
> streets near Bondi Beach, where loony clearway regimes have been declared,
days before the first special bus is to run,