Re: NSW CityRail Apprenticeship Info HERE

<signal_spotter@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8pgr83$7dj$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8pgr83$7dj$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Yeah we had to go through all areas of the Railways too as described.
> However I did get to pull apart (and I managed to put it back together)
> a block instrument. Talk about fiddley. I had to totally dismantle it,
> clean and polish the brass bits (too many to count), rewire it (with
> perfectly straight looms tied with string) and put it together. The
> same with signalling shelf relays. Yep there is plenty to learn about
> the railways in an apprenticeship. I too am in a job where I do
> something new every day that leads to an end product. Not many people
> can come to the office each day (or work from home as I do a lot) and
> design, check or test signalling from any part of the world. Very
> satisfying.

Hehe, never had to do a block instrument.... Had to strip & reassemble a
staff in under 25 Min, top to bottom.

Shelf relays & Q-styles were good to do, the only area of the workshop
air-conditioned. Good summer job :-)

I think what sucked me in to signalling was the logic design.

Seeya!