Re: ORTA

You have two chances of picking up ORTA, bukleys and none. They would be
using the Motorola radios with Samsung plastered all over them which use one
of the Telstra digital networks for obvious reasons. As for obtaining
equipment (regarding Russell Nortens comment), I already have the contacts
to get programming leads, software and radios to program most places but it
is not worth getting a criminal record for it. It is impossible to transmit
to ORTA so that they can hear as they use encryption and can easily be
locked out of the network so a stolen handheld is no good either. If I were
to walk into a Dick Smith store with enough cash in hand they wouldn't be
able to resist. The standard Yaesu FT-100 with a few wires plucked is
capable of transmitting just about everywhere and they don't even ask for an
amateur license when purchasing as that is not their job.

39bb403f@dnews.tpgi.com.au">news:39bb403f@dnews.tpgi.com.au...