Re: NSW Buses take the heat off CityRail?

"Paul Jones" <jonesclan@free.net.au> wrote in message
Wk3v5.14477$cr3.378592@ozemail.com.au">news:Wk3v5.14477$cr3.378592@ozemail.com.au...
> With their mountian bikes???

Nah - they were on the platform as I was driving through to Springwood - all
dressed in the same uniform (not SOCOG volunteer uniform) and all had
Olympic accreditation draped around their necks.

Funny thing about that accreditation, when I travel to and from tennis in
Melbounre, I don't wear my ID pass (although I have it to present in case an
RPO gets on) - most of us don't, we whip it out when we get to the Tennis
Centre.

The Olympics seem to be the exact opposite, everyone in those gaudy uniforms
seems to delight in wearing their accreditation badges. It cannot be for the
"show-off" factor, since they are doing that by being in uniform.

Haven't struck it anywhere else either, and I have used public transport in
London and New York when travelling to and from tennis venues (in uniform).

Dave