Re: [VIC] Melb cup weekend

----------
In article <39BB42F1.F7F7899C@ozemail.com.au>, James Brook
<ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>BTW, if a railfan group ran a reasonably priced tour that had wooden
>cars and a reasonable number of photostops I would go on it instead of
>motorcading. Unfortunately this is not happening so our money is going
>to the oil companies instead of the railfan groups.

Hmmmm let's see, Steamrail is running a reasonable priced tour with wooden
cars and plenty of photostops AND double headed K and D3, over 4 whole days!
Prices around the $500 are, I believe, pretty good when you look at the
interstate equivelents where an RTM 2 day weekender in steel cars and a
diesel are around $300. Don't forget $50 goes to little Johnny and the tax
man.

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne