Olympic Narrow gauge trains - Tourist Info

Greetings all,
The Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society at Tongarra Road Albion Park
south of Wollongong will be operating tomorrow, Sunday 10th September with
loco "Tully 6" an 0-6-2T built by Perry.

The museum is just over 1 hour south of the Olympics by road and about 2
hours by rail. We will be operating a diesel passenger service on any
Tuesday or Thursday during the Olympic period commencing from next Tuesday.
The "shed"will be open for inspection of exhibits on these diesel operating
days as well.

On Saturdays during the Olympic period the "shed" is open for inspection. We
intend to have but cannot guarantee diesel train running, as this is our
main day for track work. However, we may be able to tow something out of the
shed for Olympic visitors.

Our next steam operating days after the Olympics are Sunday October 1st and
October 8th. At this stage the locos for these running days have not been
decided. All our steamers will be down for their annual boiler inspection
next week and it depends which ones we get back together first. It is
remotely possible that on some of the  diesel operating days, later in the
Olympics period, that we may have a steamer with a fire in it as we have to
check gaskets and fittings on the boilers after the annual inspections
before we put the steam locos back into "revenue" service. We have 4 steam
locos to seal back up and test. A Shay is also under
construction/restoration in the main compound area.

Hopefully you can drop down and see us. Regards, John Garaty, Sales Manager
for the ILRMS