Re: Rail/Road trailers

New Zealand Rail (prior to becoming Tranz Rail) also tried these things. They
were successful technically, but I have been told that they were not really
economic. The tare was high and the load consequently limited. This may have
been a consequence of NZ's road user charges regime, where high axle loads are
punished, and the maximum limits are quite low by world standards. However, rail
gear is never light........

Bill