Re: FA News

lbrown2@bigpond.com (Brown Family) wrote in
<39b770fc.15959286@24.192.1.17>:

>Whilst I wouldn't be surprised to see them hauling diesels out of the
>Museum and returning them to working order (in itself a good thing)
>has any operator ever asked to have L-1161 to haul a suburban ballast
>or something like that? With the price of diesel fuel going north, it
>must make electric traction look a lot prettier.

The reality is, that there are not enough wires up. GNR would need to wire
up their sidings, and any other sidings they store their ballast and/or
sleeper trains. As far as I know they don't have a broad guage yard goat to
assist (SG has the two J's (ex WA),).

GNR are often short of locos, but they hire from Steamrail (albeit,
Dieselrail), so you will often see odd things like VR liveried locos on
ballasts or sleeper trains.

Shove a 0.1a fuse across a power point to see what an 86 class would most
likely do to most Victorian substations (-:

MK

--
Michael Kurkowski [email: michael DOT kurkowski AT gunzel DOT net]

http://www.gunzel.net
ICQ: 1459118

etc etc etc. apathy prevents me from writing this quote.