Re: The future of disused lines in NSW

On Sat, 09 Sep 2000 11:23:57 GMT, "Peter Berrett"
<pberrett@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>Hi
>
>If they are serious about spending the $$$ to open the line to Bombala then
>why not go the whole hog. Extend the line to Orbost, reopen Orbost to
>Bairnsdale as a standard guage line and then repin Bairnsdale to Melbourne
>as standard guage.

Oh, cool, that means that they finally build that extension to
Brodribb (pop: ?)

>Now THAT line would have possibilities...

Yeh! And so would livestock trains to Mansfield........

Get over it guys, we're not living 40 years ago.

Les Brown

(Who's hoping that one day, one day, they will rebuild
Kilmore-Lancefield)