Re: Rail/Road trailers

I think they roll rail bogies under the trailer, which lift the road wheels
clear of the track. The bogies can be hauled "light" and each one carries a
road number. Must be odd to see a train of just bogies trundling past!

The trailer would have to be designed for railway impact loading, which no
doubt increases its cost and tare somewhat.

Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY
z86u5.11908$cr3.337153@ozemail.com.au">news:z86u5.11908$cr3.337153@ozemail.com.au...