Re: S trucks? How old r they? WAS: Re: what is in the 's' truck at 3801 ltd?

Lachlan Valley Railway, also has a S and a K truck accredited, did have two
4 wheel water gins as well but these have been replaced by a bogie Gin.

<harris@nobbys.splat.spam.net.au> wrote in message
xDK2NluHBVGg-pn2-G7u9d8OchpTD@localhost">news:xDK2NluHBVGg-pn2-G7u9d8OchpTD@localhost...
> I have a photo of S9144 (well that's what is painted on the side)
> which is on display at Ariah Park. It is there marking the fact that
> that was the place that the first trial shipment of bulk grain. I
> don't have a site to post it to, but could scan it and make it
> available to someone to post it to a site if interested.
>
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 09:12:12, "keith malcolm" <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > I don't know about early S trucks, but we at the ARHS in Canberra have
the
> > only registered S truck in NSW.
> >
> > Dave Malcolm
> >
> > Chris <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote in message
> > > I assume most of  the "preserved" S trucks sitting and rusting with
the
> > > various rail museum groups are of the latter batch, does any group
have
> > > earlier S trucks and 19 century freight stock in their collections.
1855