Wollongong--->Melbourne 19/9 (And XPT problems)

Actually the journey from Wollongong to Melbourne takes 30 minutes
longer then Sydney to Melbourne, same applies to return journey. Caught
a V set from North Wollongong to Wollongong City. It was only 622am and
the interurban trains heading to City already pretty much full. A bus
broke down at Moss Vale station delay our progress. Canberra passengers
alight first and walk across the bridge while we stayed on. The station
mater complaint <those Melbourne bus drivers don't know what they are
doing!!> He instead had to carry luggagges across the footbridge. I
also missed an opptunity to film Canberra Xplorer and a grain train.

Anyway XPT was 5 minutes early. A cement train hauled by 8144 waited at
the siding for us to leave.

Journey:

*For the first time ever XPT STOPS AT GUNNING!!

*There were less speed restrictions on the way back.

*After Wagga Wagga aircondition failed, conductor asked everyone in Car
B move to car C....but just after Albury. Car C a/c failed also, we
then moved to sleeper car A. When a/c fail, the blue indicator light
would flash.

*70% of the passengers got off at Albury but many Victorians/NSWish
still uses XPT between Albury and Melbourne despite more expensive
ticket and reservation required. Same applies to Wangaratta and
Benalla.

*The driver drove really fast(higher then 120kph) between Albury and
Melbourne, even between Broadmeadows and Spencer Street. But we been
sent to Myintyte loop, with no train at main line.

Trains Oberved:

#8105+8145 with a Grain train south of Moss Vale
#NR freight follows.
#NR1 still at Junee
#EL51 and some <looks like> 830 class loco at Junee workshop. One of
them with ASR logo.
#Sydney bound XPT met just south of Bethalgal loop
#2-81 class with a grain train waiting at Henty
#2 NR class with a long freight train at Albury.
#Immediately after we left Albury met V/line TwinCity Limited just
before the Murray River

#We stopped somewhere near Springhurst to wait for a very long NR
freight with NR2+NR3+NR64.
#Again sent into the loop south of Wangaratta waited for a NR freight.
(I though passenger trains have priority??)
#Cross 8213 Freight Corp interstate train near Benalla.
#ATN grain at Donnybrook
#Saw BM2 at Somerston yard
#GSR's Overland sleeper in OL original color at RTS yard. (Weroni)
and DL43 at Dynon. B80 still at GNR yard.

Arrived SSS on time and jumped on a Belgrave service. Got on a V set 10
hours earlier and now I'm travelling in a Comeng set without leaving
the ground :-)

--
Cheers

RR3