[NSW] Olymp TT, Mon 18/9 & Tue 19/9

I watched the PM peak at Central on Monday from 1650 to 1820.  Every train
was officially on time.  Only truly crowded services were main north
suburbans and Penrith/Richmond suburbans.

Many SOPs & BOPs are now wearing "Olympic Park" destination signs (green on
yellow) in the offside windscreen or the door windscreen.

Watched Olympic Park station on Monday night 2130 to 2345.  SOPs easily
maintained 4 minute headways.  Approx. 75% of traffic SOPed whilst the other
25% BOPed.  I don't think anyone queued for more than 2 SOPs.  No serious
crowding either, the heaviest load I saw was about 1,200 on a SOP.  Most
others well below 1,000 passengers.

Great Northern's 27 + EL62 + 4716 passed through Concord West at 0050 (Tue)
on the down.  The down Wyong intercity I caught overtook this freight at
Epping so I had the pleasure of watching this combo pass again at Wyong at
0340.

AM peak at Strathfield on Tuesday was a very punctual affair.  A couple of
up main north suburbans were packed solid but otherwise loadings weren't
excessive.

I saw a down East Hills/Macarthur service (I don't think it was a
Bankstown/Glenfield run) pass through Redfern express (Ill Local) at 1403.
Making up lost time no doubt by skipping the AL.

All up the service was great for the two days although a couple of late
services have started to creep in due to the heavier loadings probably.

Now we'll see what happens this Friday when OP goes into overdrive (400,00+
visitors for the day).

Chris