Re: NR derailment near Dungog

Sighted at Maitland 7.00pm Wednesday - 81 class with a short train of empty
coil steel wagons on the down coal road. I assume they're going to try
transhipping the load somehow, but it's got me beat as to how they're going
to achieve that.

Graham Smith

Fred Morley <fredendi@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
39b4c7f7@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39b4c7f7@news.iprimus.com.au...
> It should be cleared up by tomorrow night if there is no major damage to
the
> tunnel,which according to the gradient sheet is called Wallarobba
> Tunnel,which is 37 mtrs long.
> They seem to think bogie problem.
> Fred Morley (Retired driver BMD)
>

> sean <sean@hello.springwood.rail> wrote in message
> 39b48887$0$26519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39b48887$0$26519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > how long will it take to clear up? im leaving on the 1420 BNE XPT on
> friday
> > will that be affected?
> >
> > --
> > Sean
> > Blue Mountains NSW
> > Email: Doctor****@Dingoblue.com.au
> > Just Add the 'Nick'
> > Sean on IRC Austnet
> >
> > "Erk" <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in message
> > 39b47da2$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39b47da2$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> > > This of course will soon be blamed on CityRail by the media (with an
> > Olympic
> > > reference thrown in somewhere) and someone in this NG will say it was
> > caused
> > > by a person not wearing a tie.
> > >
> > > Another example of POT (Pre Olympic Tension?)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Eric
> > > www.erk.au.com
> > > erk@erkV69.au.com
> > > (Remove the V69 to reply)
> > > This message was brought to you by the letters L-I-G-H-T-E-N U-P and
the
> > > number 1.

Hilldale