Re: [NSW] August On Time Running

Hubert Lam wrote in message
<39b37700$0$26546$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
|For the past few weeks since the Precise Time Clocks were in operation, I
|have also noticed that MANY trains now arrive either early or on time. |

That no doubt is reflected in the high OTR figures.................maybe
they did before as well but the clocks empathise this. CityRail operates on
Sydney Olympic Time at the moment, not Hubert Standard Time or even Eric
Standard Time. So the perception of OTR has increased for the public.

Congrats to CityRail, but also to the improvement in the level of
|commonsense shown by passengers to finally heed the warning "to remain
|behind the yellow line, until all passengers have alighted from the train"

Of course this helps but one of my pet hates is people that refuse to move
clear of the doors when there room to do so while people are trying to get
off the train. I think with extra staff on the platforms, the personal touch
(as demonstrated to me last Wednesday by a new looking CSA at Redfern) helps
too.

Eric
www.erk.au.com
erk@erkV69.au.com