Re: Overland club car No2 name [SA/Vic]

In article <AJnt5.581607$MB.8731588@news6.giganews.com>,
  "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "John Duncan McCallum" <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
> 39B60439.32AD90B8@melbpc.org.au">news:39B60439.32AD90B8@melbpc.org.au...
>
> > All Overland sitting/club cars have been given names in addition to
> > their
> > running numbers.
> > Unfortunately, I do not have a list.
>
> Yet another example of how the privatised railway is making for a much
> better system. Named carriages, how will they improve things next?
>
> Dave

Those named  were there for ages (since the days of South Australian
Railway) and it is almost a tradition for Overland, unfortunately AN
sold some carriages (mostly older rolling stocks and some Overland
carriages) to other parties. Now GSR named some unnamed carriages by
using those names from the carriages that no longer with GSR.

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/