Re: [NSW] Removal of bins on CityRail stations in prep for Olympics

Mitch <webmaster@nos-pam.mitch.zzn.com> wrote in article
<Sl1t5.5350$gg.15703@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au>:

>CityRail, in all their wisdom have decided to ditch bins from major
>stations (including Hurstville) during the Olympics for our "security
>and safety".

Probably a very good idea. Bins can be used to hide bombs.

>Whose decision was this?

SOCOG, federal police, etc probably.

>Why was this decision made?

See above, re bombs.

>Where are we going to shove our rubbish!?

On the ground. Let them deal with it [Or so says the pommy station worker
to someone in this newsgroup a few days ago]

>"Please place litter in station provided"

Or take your rubbish with you. It doesn't add much extra weight.

Or take novel approach #7896: don't eat on stations/trains. You have a home
for that.

MK