Re: [Qld] Bundy's Last Great Adventure - Mossman Finale

I understand the mill still uses the RMP diesel, "Mowbray" on the Port
Douglas shuttle during the week and the steam loco "Bundy" is used on
weekends. Hopefully, the organisers will consider arranging an "in steam"
meet.
"Bundy" was B/n 2 of 1952 and was delivered originally to Mossman Mill,
where it was named "Bundy". It was later sold into private ownership moving
first to Victoria and then back to Bundaberg in Queensland before going back
to Mossman for the original Ballyhooley tourist train project. The other
Bundaberg Fowler, B/n 6 of 1952, owned by Mossman Mill is named "Speedy" and
it is stored out of use at the Ballyhooley Station at Mossman Mill. This
Ballyhooley Station is no longer used due to the closing down of the
original Ballyhooley tourist train. There is some local talk that "Speedy"
may be restored to working order.
The Port Douglas shuttle only works in the Port Douglas area and its
operations do not come into contact with the Mossman Mill cane railway
operations. The Port Douglas line joins the mill's cane railway at Ferndale
Junction but this link is only used for transfers of locos between the mill
and Port Douglas.
Regards
David Mewes

8p5i18$f6h$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8p5i18$f6h$1@nnrp1.deja.com...