Re: Will Mobilenet ever cover Melbourne's underground rail network?

"John Philips" <ansa999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
39b5be85.4371789@news.dingoblue.net.au">news:39b5be85.4371789@news.dingoblue.net.au...
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2000 23:58:46 GMT, "Ivan Smith" <ivsmith11@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Fantastic. I'm impressed by this *private* addition to the NSW Rail
System.

> >The only downer about the whole experience is the high cost of travel to
and
> >from stations on this line.
>
> For traveling to/from the airport stations it's reasonable - $10
> compared to the cost of a cab, or parking if you're being picked up,
> is nothing. Cheaper and more convenient.

I'm not arguing with you there. Makes total sense to me. I was just a little
taken aback when I realised I was paying $10 to travel from one station to
another station along the line. It just didin't seem value to me. Your logic
makes sense to me, so in the end it's nothing to worry about.

> >It's also too easy to jump the barriers at the Sydney Domestic Station as
> >well. I nearly did it when I arrived back from Brisbane, except that I
was
> >greeted by a lovely lady in State Rail garb who showed me how to use the
> >ticketing system, and even carried a bag for me. Excellent.
>
> I'd rather save myself the $100 fine, thanks :)

Try jumping like a hurdler with a suit case and back pack and you'll see I
was joking ;)

I didn't pay for my Wolli Creek to Cronulla ticket though. I thought $10 for
a rail system that doesn't generally deliver, in one day was enough ;)

The MobileNet coverage from Wolli Creek to Sutherland was excellent and I
had a great Air/Rail trip back. I just wish Telstra would do something about
the Jannali area - shocking drop outs and intermittent signal at best.

Ivan