Contacting a train

Any rail people able to help us out with urgent information.

We have just received word that mother has suddenly decided to come home to
the family arriving Melbourne 7 a.m.Wednesday via XPT from Sydney.

She turns 70 on the train - it would be nice to contact the customer service
people on the train to make a little fuss and help her start her
celebrations..

This is easy enough to do this for bus or plane etc., but our phone calls
have only got us recorded messages since we are outside 9 - 5 hours.

Any suggestions for contacting the train would be really appreciated.

whitehat