Re: Whingers and Whingeing

Hi Chris,
In article <9fbw5.16804$cr3.443908@ozemail.com.au>,
  "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> I label as "whingers" people who have embraced the culture of
complaint and
> blame and complain for the smallest reasons.  They appear to have no
desire
> (and probably no capacity) to try and understand a situation (ie, is
there a
> reasonable reason for a problem or not) and I suspect they are quite
> intolerant.

>They usually believe that they are the centre of the universe
> (infinite sense of self but negligible sense of society).

This seems a reasonable description of signallers and signal design
engineers! :-)

>I feel that
> complaint has a place, its appropriateness should be considered first.

Exactly. I also believe that if we see something that is happening and
is potentially dangerous then we have a duty to report it. Or in the
case of this NG we should share our experiences in an open and non ego
tripping manner. That's not whingeing, that's an exchange of
experiences which hopefully we'll all learn from.

> Miranda Divine (Daily Telegraph's columnist) with her complaint that
she
> could not drive to Homebush Bay for a major event some time ago is a
classic
> example, she had to use public transport (poor Ms Divine).

A classic example of an ego centred whinge.

So to sum up, IMO those that accuse others of whingeing are quite often:

1. People who have lost the argument

2. People who do not want to hear what's going on in the real world
because they feel it's a threat to their jobs/professions

3. Attention seekers

Regards

Frank

$1@nnrp1.deja.com...