Re: [NSW] Adverse publicity for CityRail

Hi Michael,
In article <SGhv5.5025$eZ8a.29688637@news.xtra.co.nz>,
  "Michael McDonald" <michael.and.colleen.mcdonald@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>In
> the case of buses, they emphasised the (lack of) speed.  Mentioned
that
> travel by bus for some athletes to their venues takes up to three
hours.

I thought the athletes and Olympic officials were using a special ferry
to Holmbush Bay?

If you want crowds try the subway at New York. If you want
cancellations, crowded platforms try LUL on a bad day.

I should imagine every rail system has bad days and whilst this is not
to be condoned to blow up into a shock, horror situation is a little
OTT.

Of course CityRail, LUL and New York etc should try and lessen these
problems but it won't be done overnight and in any case is usually a
result of underinvestment.

Regards

Frank

> Michael