Re: [Melb] Melb Ctrl Photos Permission?

> > Not really. Centrepoint (Bourke Street Mall) is in the centre. Melbourne
> > Central is on the northern end of the CBD.
>
> The centre of the Melbourne C.B.D. as it stands today is in the centre of
> the Bourke St and Elizabeth St intersection, if you take the boundries of
> the CBD to be  Flinders Spencer La Trobe and Spring Sts and the CBD as the
> grid within. Melbourne CBD is 2km long (Spencer to Spring) by 1km across (La
> Trobe to Flinders).

Yes, and the GPO is on the north-east corner of the Bourke and Elizabeth
Intersection.  So the GPO is the center of Melbourne, and it is also
where all the distances to Melbourne are measured to/from.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news