Re: [NSW] Internal contradictions?

Marvin The Martian <choochoo72@mailcity.com> wrote in message
39FDEE0A.D34BF130@mailcity.com">news:39FDEE0A.D34BF130@mailcity.com...
> We were told they were fire proof, but I wouldn't trust them. It still
would be
> horrible for them as they wouldn't know it was fire proof and would be
shitting
> themselves.

As a firefighter, I'd view the most important thing there as actually being
protected from the fire.  Even in a house fire, damage can be limited by
closed doors, as this then traps the fire with a limited oxygen supply (just
gotta watch the backdraft when the doors are opened, though).  However,
while in there, things to worry about would be the smoke and fumes, rather
than the fire itself.  This is presuming the entire station is involved, and
not just a small fire.  Wouldn't a place like that have an automatic
sprinkler system anyway??  Most fires can be controlled if acted on straight
away, rather than allowed to grow.

Al