Re: [NSW] Internal contradictions?

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in article
<8tik2s$fqs$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:

<stuff snipped>

>..."Internation T is attended by station staff"..."the station is not
>staffed from the first to last train"...
>
>One says it's "attended by station staff", the other says "it's not
>staffed".
>
>What's the whole difference? All of the airport line stations say
>they're not staffed from first to last train, does that make that a UA
>(unattended platform)?

Maybe it's saying that the station is staffed, but not from first to last
train.

To put it into practice, the first train may be 4:12am, and the last train
may be 1:23am. The station may be staffed from 6am-9pm. Totally bogus
figures, but an example.

In Melbourne we had stations (not sure if there still are any) that are
staffed for the morning peak or part of the day only. Regent station was
staffed first to last train, then became staffed until 2pm, then til 11am,
then eventually became unstaffed. The station is now only staffed by a
couple of Metcard machines and static ticket inspectors. None of which play
music over the PA or sell soft drinks.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME