Re: Paralympics today (Transport that is)

Many V sets are used for Olympic Park trips for the Paralympics as the
usual suburban trains are off doing normal schedules and receiving
maintenance. Usually you have a lot of V sets spare during the weekday
off peak and it's only the high peak that they seem to start to all
disappear out of Sydney.

In article <39f8d9ac$0$11625$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Sean" <NoSpam@Hello.Springwood.Rail> wrote:
> Strathfield Yesterday at 14.45 V72 pulled in with first stop Olympic Park
> than Lidcombe then Grandville etc you think they would have used a
C/K/S set
> for this run.
>
> "Paul Jones" <Zifnab@goconnect.net> wrote in message
> vjUJ5.4770$n26.42248@news1.onlynews.com">news:vjUJ5.4770$n26.42248@news1.onlynews.com...
> >
> > Today i caught a V-set from seven hills to olp, and much to my
suprise and
> > dismay, it stoped all stations to parramatta, granvil, lidcome and then
> olp.
> > Why is this?? would it not be better to use faster un/loading trains??
> >
> > --
> > ----------
> > Paul Jones
> >

> > <maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 8t67f3$s0r$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8t67f3$s0r$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > To all ausrailers
> > >
> > > Today I had gone to the Paralympics. (The events I was at was
> > > Wheelchair Basketball and Athletivs)
> > > ---
> > > On the way by train, I travelled in a C set and on the Olly loop I
> > > spotted V69!!!
> > > Back at St Marys I had also spotted T69 (Please will you stop
following
> > > me around the rail network. I've already seen you 5 times after the
> > > Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
> > >
> > > My feedback is that I really like the transport, trains ran mostly on
> > > time (some only minutes off), there were attendants at every door (at
> > > Olympic Park) and Volunteers were giving directions.
> > >
> > > ---
> > > For the V69, what's the issue with this? I'm told that there was a
> > > discussion that there was no V69 as all 6 Car V's were numbered
only up
> > > to V68.
> > > ---
> > > I'm seeing Olympic Park services are run by V Sets to the City.
> > > At St Marys (where I caught my train) V70 stopped on the Down track.
> > > minutes later arrived on platform 1 which was Olympic Park service (By
> > > the way, Hello Neety, Coincidently met up with her today).
> > > ---
> > > At Olympic Park (In the afternoon going home) the City bound platform
> > > had mostly V SETs coming in (sighting V69 again) with only one
Tangara.

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |
|http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit |