Re: (VIC) Mini Landslide at Watsonia

"Ben" <smithb@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
39f80f50@news.alphalink.com.au">news:39f80f50@news.alphalink.com.au...

> "Samuel Eades" <seades@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> WqCJ5.14957$Ab3.79187@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:WqCJ5.14957$Ab3.79187@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > G'day!
> >
> > The rains have caused a mini landslide at Watsonia station today
(25/10).
> > The landslide did not cover the line, but a 10k/hr speed restriction has
> > been placed on the down line at Watsonia.
> >
> > The Hurstbridge line is expected to be closed between Macleod and
> > Greensborough on Sunday to clean up the landslide. The speed restriction
> is
> > expected to stay in force until then.
> >
> > --
> > Sam Eades
> > seades@bigpond.net.au
>
> Yep, encountered it yesterday afternoon. I didnt know why there was a
speed
> restriction though. The distance between the start of the restriction and
> Watsonia station is a few hundred metres or so. So it seems to take
forever,
> what would normally take 30 seconds, if that even. I was waiting at the
door
> to get off  for a long time. I guess 3 days of constant rain will cause a
> few problems here and there.
>
> -Ben Smith

I had a look today at about midday. It is about 1/2 way between the entrance
and the up end of the platform. It is really very very minor. There was an
Alstom crew looking at it from the top of the cutting, and flagmen doing
nothing much on the platform and back towards Macleod.  That is the busiest
that I have ever seen Watsonia in along time.

I am wondering how they will clear it up as there is not much room between
the platform and the cutting wall.

-Ben Smith