Re: (VIC) Mini Landslide at Watsonia

"Samuel Eades" <seades@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
WqCJ5.14957$Ab3.79187@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:WqCJ5.14957$Ab3.79187@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> G'day!
>
> The rains have caused a mini landslide at Watsonia station today (25/10).
> The landslide did not cover the line, but a 10k/hr speed restriction has
> been placed on the down line at Watsonia.
>
> The Hurstbridge line is expected to be closed between Macleod and
> Greensborough on Sunday to clean up the landslide. The speed restriction
is
> expected to stay in force until then.
>
> --
> Sam Eades
> seades@bigpond.net.au

Yep, encountered it yesterday afternoon. I didnt know why there was a speed
restriction though. The distance between the start of the restriction and
Watsonia station is a few hundred metres or so. So it seems to take forever,
what would normally take 30 seconds, if that even. I was waiting at the door
to get off  for a long time. I guess 3 days of constant rain will cause a
few problems here and there.

-Ben Smith