Re: Final no to second airport

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:43:32 GMT, lbrown2@bigpond.com (Brown Family)
wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:50:01 GMT, mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly)
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:45:23 GMT, mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly)
>>wrote:

>>Heres an interesting scenerio.
>>The feds sell Sydney Airport.
>>The locals who live around the Airport get so upset that they blockade
>>the Airport,causing the private company who now owns the Airport to
>>lose millions of dollars.
>>Who is responsible for compensation , if indeed anyone.
>>
>You know Maurie, over the years I've noticed that you are the
>perpetually cheery and optimistic type of a bloke.
>
>I would really hate to see you proven wrong since I would not like to
>see anything that would wreck your wonderfully positive outlook on
>life (and railways).
>
>(:-))
>
>Les Brown

Id suggest Les , that I am simply a realist.
The above scenerio is a very real possibility.

As for railways , over the last 20 - 30 years I have seen many lines
closed , many passenger services withdrawn , more and more freight
going from rail to road .
Anyone who simply smiles and says everything is marvelous in the rail
industry is dreaming.
Simply hoping that it will all change and return to the good old days
wont achieve anything.

What I am totally sick to death of is feasability studies ,
announcements of grand new rail projects that will never see the light
of day , politicians continually stalling and deferring decisions when
all the rail industry in this country needs is that we fix up what we
already have .

MD