Re: [VIC] box hill tram exttention. WAS:Re: Don't know if this has been mentioned ...

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote:

>There's a reason for that. Route 48 is also to be extended to Doncaster.
>Both extensions were proposals of the Kirner government before they were
>voted out. Once completed, the two lines would be joined with a line
>pretty much along the original Tram Road route.

And the rationale for this is.....?

I would have thought there are a dozen tram projects with more justification
than this.  Not least the provision of tram access to Box Hill Station and
the surrounding shopping centre from locations along Whitehorse Road.

I'd want to see trams running the length of Burke Road between North Balwyn
and Caulfield Station, not to mention the East Doncaster railway, before I'd
even consider a new north-south tram route further east.

Regards,
Tony M.