Re: [NSW] Saturday's TRain Sightings

In article <8su8h0$k92$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:
> To all
>
> Yesterday I travelled on the network (yes it's typical for us) and
have
> reported a few sightings.
>
> -4 86 class locos hauling something along the Western Line at around
> 10:40pm near Rooty Hill

There's an 82 at North Strathfield Junction waiting for anything to
stuff up.

> -Yes I travelled on V34 which comprised of a DDT (like in one of my
> other messages)
>
> -Now here it is, a 6car S-SET comprising of two 3car sets!!! Finally!!

It's NOT a 6-car S set. It's an R set, known as a Pocket Rocket (4
motor cars for the 6 car consist, or 3 motors/2 cars rather than 2
motors/2 cars)

> -G7, the train that ran the first Electric trial in the Airport Link

which runs on AC not DC.

> -T69, the one with the broken indicator board with the deteriorating
> red tape!
>
> -V21 which was the same set NUMBER (notthe exact train!) that was in
> the glenbrook accident
>
> -A DTM (lead carriage on a Newcastle Bound service) with no indicator
> board but a metal plate above it (looking like a bandage!)

after CR found out the destination indicators weren't much use, so they
removed it. Lack of forward planning.

> -T34, What I think is the one that jumped the tracks on the Olly line
> at lidcombe during the Socceroo's vs. Brazil match.

How many derailments have there been at the Olympic Park loop? Which
occasion was it when the G set derailed at a set of 50km/h points?

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |
|http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/