Re: $4b transport plan to ease petrol heat

Are these the roads we have to walk on the negotiate cars that block
footpaths (that is park completely across the footpath) or avoid the
driveway ruts on unmade footpaths - come for a walk down Winbourne Road
Hazelbrook one day Tezza and see exactly why everyone walks on the road
where I live.  Hey, who can knock the generous souls that obey no standing
signs by not parking on the street (might get booked and cop some road
rage), they just park on the footpath instead that way evvveeeeryone (that
they empathise with) is happy.

Or are these the roads we walk on in the CBD because the footpaths still
aren't wide enough and the RTA designs traffic signals purely for the
benefit of managing motor vehicle flow and inhibiting pedestrian movement
(to improve motor vehicle flow of course).  Again come to Hazelbrook and use
the Great Western Highway pedestrian lights.  A peak hour train arrives half
the people cross on the first change and the rest wait the best part of two
minutes regardless of vehicle density and speed of vehicle flow (again the
RTA caring for all).  These lights are so widely ignored by pedestrians
because pedestrians are treated like shit.  And once in a blue moon when the
signals change cars and trucks still run the red (a 15 second delay for the
benefit of pedestrians at a pelican crossing is just 14.5s too long to
wait).

Many motorists only understand the needs and rights of pedestrians that
carry a ten pound sledge hammer over their shoulder - must be time to
upgrade to a rocket launcher.  (And don't sweat it, I know there's vague
wandering pedestrians out there, apart from twits however this group often
contains some very young, very old and mentally ill people).

Chris
(75+% pedestrian/public transport user, >25% motorist)

39f140b1$0$11637$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39f140b1$0$11637$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...