Re: NSW - Continue the Research - Tilt Train

Fishtanks tip over for one reason only and that is the way that they are
coupled, with the drawbar being a cylindrical device and as such allows the
bar to go through 360 degrees so when the car gets to the point of no return
there is nothing to stop it going over.
Where as conventional rolling stock using the old faithful automatic coupler
so when the car gets to the point of no return the auto on the car it is
coupled to says come back here and prevents the car from tipping over.
Yes it was a strong point of discussion back when the Wentworthville
incident occurred.
At that time I was attached to Eveleigh and we were constantly involved with
the testing weighing etc with the fishtank as it`s commissioning centre was
located in the old Eveleigh running shed.

39e52810$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39e52810$1@news.iprimus.com.au...