Re: Standard gauge to Geraldton

----------
In article <8sm0f0$8j1$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
wrote:

> Is BHP Kawana plant accesible by SG line?

The conversion of the Goldfields railway to Standard gauge was encouraged by
the Koolyanobbing Iron ore mine, so the line to Kwinana is SG.

> And if Geraldton line gets SG, would it be feasible to extend it
> towards Pilbara? (if heavy rail laid)

The line used to go north to Meekatharra (I got to the district about  8
months after the line was pulled up)

Apparently the studies showed that the line was profitable, but the Gov't
elected not to invest in its refurbishment.

Nic