OT wanna be a train driver?

I came across this from issue 04, September/October 2000 eXpress
(Tranzrail's own magazine), slightly off topic as the material came
from New Zealand.

Dear Tranz Rail

Would it be possible to get a train driver's job? It's just that I
really love trains and have wanted to be a train driver ever since I
was little. I have the facts on what you need to do. I have a train cab
simulator at home on the computer. My uncle's friend is a train driver
in Palmerston North. Also my dad's cousin's wife is a freight
coordinator in Hawera. I have learnt how to drive a loco and I also
know what to do if you hear a beeping noise in the cab. You either
decrease speed or toot the horn. Whenever I hear or see a train I
always go to greet it. I have a favourite train, DC406, that I would
like to drive all the time. I'm going to do the Duke of Edinburgh to
prove that I'm responsible. I have an electric train set that I play
with a lot.

Yours sincerely Kieran Chisnall
PS. I go to Lindisfarne College, and I play the bagpipes.

<<Geez, I wouldn't know what to do when that thing go beep....>>

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/