Re: [NSW] What's a ...

They were a method of ensuring points were not moved beneath a train in
station limits where track circuit diagrams to indicate occupied track were
not installed. .
The wheel flanges of engines and wagons would depress a bar paralell with
the inside of the rail which would by mechanical connections, in effect lock
the near by points in position thus stopping them from being moved under the
train.
I've heard of them called "depression bars" and "clearance bars" but "train
bar" is new to me, I don't recall having heard them referred to by that
name, I'm not saying they weren't, just that I don't recall it in my time as
a freight Guard.