Re: XPT Melb - Adelaide?

James C. (james_ccj@my-deja.com) wrote:
> In article <39ead405@grissom>,
>   "Goldie" <goldicom@powerup.com.au> wrote:
> > How about aa addition to the QR diesal tilt order - on SG bogies?
>
> That would be good. Think about it, airline style business class TV
> monitor at each seat and club car....

The diesel tilt train is still unproven. It's a novel design using a
relatively high rev engine, which on paper seems unsuitablt for hot
Australian conditions. I'd want to wait and see. The other problem is that
Walkers has a full order book for the forseeable future.

Adtranz, Siemens and other manufacturers have many different types of
tilting DMU available.

Cheers
David