Re: DOO Increase

"Dino64"
> They probably accepted DOO for nothing else but the satisfaction of getting
> rid of the guards. I know of several drivers, who went through the WB strike
> and would feel the same way.

I was telling a guard that on Saturday. There's enough old blokes around with
a grudge who'd like to return the favour that the ARU did to them. They could
also retire on a bigger payout without having to do the work either.

No-one who's doing DOO :-),  can tell me what they got for it though. The most
I think that's ever been awarded in Australia is 9% for shunting and 18% for
mainline. That would be less than 4 bucks an hour on Cityrail, while they save
about $36.