Re: DOO Increase

Hi there

I was a tube driver on the Piccadilly line when they went OPO (DOO), It was
the best thing that ever happened, for the following reasons:
You could keep the train on time by departing stations when you wanted, not
when someone six cars back on half the money said you could.
You didn't get bothered by the guard on the cab to cab phone.
You could have your'e meal in peace
You could get a car parking space at your depot
... and the standby to assist prepare shifts, we had a shift at Wood Green
that was Standby to assist prepare at Oakwood then to crew managers
instructions after meal break ( Do these things still exist?)

And yes i was a guard the only good thing about that was just after i was
passed as a driver and on the Guard / Motorman jobs, 2 Guard / Motorman were
paired on the Acton Town / Rayners Lane shuttle one Bank holiday monday, We
would both work the first trip to Rayners Lane where one of us went to the
pub until the train got back from it's trip to Acton Town, Then we would
swap over and eventually arrive back at Acton Town for Meal relief very
happy :-)

regards