Re: [Vic] Geelong Line CLOSED

Erk wrote:

> Geoff
>
> Granville was 1977 as well as I'm sure you would remember. This makes this
> one seem really long in comparison.
>
> --
> Eric
> www.erk.au.com
> erk@erkV69.au.com
> (Remove the V69 to reply)
>
> This post was brought to you with
> the assistance of the shift,
> space bar and full stop keys
>
> glillic@msn.com.au wrote in message ...
> |If my memory is clear, it took much less time to clear the Bold Street
> |Bridge at Granville and over 80 persons were killed there!!
> |
> |--
> |Geoff Lillico

Exactly how long does it take to lift a girder off the track?

If it can't be lifted there are always jack-hammers and even well
managed explosives.

I can't believe that the various rail operators and ARTC aren't having a
collective dummy-spit.    NR is always very vociferous when things like
this happen.

Still what is the delay Melbourne/Perth?    You don't come into Adelaide
and dont have that 2 - 2.5 hour crossing of the Mount Lofty Range.    If
you need to you can remarshal double stacked containers at Parkes rather
than Adelaide.

What is considerably slower is Adelaide - Melbourne.

Cheers
Neil Waller