Re: [Vic] Geelong Line CLOSED

> >I wonder how much this fiasco is going to cost. There must be significant
> >costs to Freight Australia, Vline Passenger, WCR, GSR and the interstate
> >freight companies being incurred. I imagine they will be looking for
> >compensation. Who is going to pay?
>
> Yet, if the same thing was to happen on the Tullamarine Freeway, or Hume
> Highway, the beam would have been removed within hours.

Yep, that would be right.

Just think if something happened to the track to Broken Hill (like flood
damage) East and West would be cut off.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news