Re: Redundancy @ FreightCorp?

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:34:09 +1000, "avachat"
<avachat@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>Their are notices posted in the Delec Train Crew Assignment building from
>many of those who argue that it is their right to receive a redundancy
>payout when FreightCorp is sold.They base their argument on the following
>two scenarios.
>Those who originally went to National Rail received an incentive payment
>plus accessed their Super.
>Then their was the GrainCorp experience where FreightCorp drivers received
>the redundancy on a Friday and started with GrainCorp on the following
>Monday.
>The RTBU Locomotive Division ( 3 Bobs ) feel somewhat differently, citing
>the AN experience where the new owner
>signed up their employees on AWAs.Sure they received the redundancy but are
>far worse off now.
>The vast majority i am informed are still employed as casuals and are
>earning far below what they enjoyed with AN.
>The 3 Bobs are arguing for continuity of employment so as the award
>conditions remain in place.Their is much to lose by taking the dangerous
>road many are demanding, all for a short term monitory gain.
>I am not posting this to create heated debate, but would welcome the views
>of the many active authors to this NG plus maybe some of the lurkers who
>subscribe but don't type much.
>Cheers
>avachat

  Well having talked to a number of ex AN enginemen who have been
through the sale of AN then Looked to ASR for employment and the
conditions plus pay that they have to now work for i would think that
any Freightcorp engineperson would have to have rocks in there heads
to want to follow the same path looking towards  the new owner for
employment BEST to try and tie the new owners into the existing
aggrements for themselves and for others that will follow
Bill