Re: [NSW] - hilarious SMH article

See below...

Hubert Lam wrote:

> There'd be no room between West Ryde and Meadowbank for the relief line to
> go through. Of course anything can be done with sufficient willpower and
> $$$.

As Ben pointed out ... oh yes there is! Admittedly at Meadowbank they've filled in the space
where the tracks used to be but a bulldozer will make short work of this...

> Even terminate every second train at Strathfield wouldn't be a bad idea coz
> there are just so many services from the south/west into the city. Could
> make the main north a bit like a yo-yo between Berowra and Strathfield.

Interesting idea. I'd certainly prefer to change trains at Strathfield instead of Redfern!

> the problem is with off peak trains, people like crowding into the middle
> carriages, when the front/end carriages can be completely empty.

This is a good reason some of us like travelling on off peak services - the piece
and quiet of a train (not a Tangarbage though) is great for reading ... !

dB