Re: [NSW] - hilarious SMH article

Just how infrequent should trains be?

>From my local station (Meadowbank) there are services every 30 minutes in
the off peak (and on weekends). In the peak period there are trains about every 15 minutes.
So this should be reduced? Have you actually tried to get on a peak period
City bound service from this part of the northern line between 7:30 - 8:30am?
(same for similarly popular metro stations on other lines I'll bet)
And don't even dare ask about the average 45 minute wait when an off peak service
is cancelled. Or a peak hour service leaving the station without me on it because I couldn't get
on the bloody train after the previous service was cancelled.

Complain when I can't get on a train - you bloody bet I will!

The O timetable was a good timetable for the O but as many newsgroup
participants have noted it was achieved by reducing and suspending services
elsewhere.

Let's tune the normal timetable to make the system smoother.
And then start figuring out how we increase services to cope with
the expanding population. I don't pretend that this is easy.
But we have to at least try or the dickheads at the RTA will
turn the city into another LA.

dB