Re: [Vic] Geelong Line CLOSED

> Does it make any difference to have a set the wrong way around? Of interest
> I saw an MFS car sitting in Central station platform 4 yesterday (Long
> Lunch Train I think) and it's "MELB END" was actually facing to what would
> be the Sydney end (:

Not sure how much difference it makes, but you will find all N sets, H
sets, Z and S cars and LPDRVs (Sprinters) have "East End" and "West End"
marked on them. (quite a lot of things in Melbourne are based on the East
and West system).

A set the correct away around will have compatments (S cars) on the right
side of the train when leaving Melbourne (for places through North
Melbourne not Eastern), ACZ will be on the back when leaving Melbourne
etc..

This is the reason you once saw a Sprinter going around the reversing
loop, because of an accident on the Newport line, and ARTC a sprinter was
sent to Sunshine, change ends, and off to Geelong.  (so it ended up the
wrong way around).

Alas I think you can't join the No.1 end of one sprinter to the No.1 end
of another sprinter (or maybe the cars office just doesn't want to).

C.
http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig