Re: Free trams for St Kilda [Vic]

Taliesin Walker wrote:

> Start making trams free, and you'll find that every place in Melbourne
> with parking problems will expect to have free trams. A slippery
> slope? Not that I'd complain if they made public transport free.

Ha. The Kennett Liberal Party promised to make trams in Melbourne's
central city free. When they were elected, they reduced that to having
free operation of the "heritage" City Circle route. And what has
happened to the Ws on that line? Gone for months now. Ever to return?

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand