Re: [Melb] Yarra's New Trams

> > > The end of that article said <Alston said if there is any more new
> > > onders on top of that in the future, it's possible to build them at
> > > Ballarat North workshop>
> >
> > Ooooooh, ooh, can we put them on BG bogies and have a tram transfer??
> > Imagine a few new trams being hauled by a GN T via North Geelong!!!!
> >
> > Sam
> But where are you going to unload it in Melbourne?

The 4D arrived on the back of a SG freight train from Newcastle.  It was
then gauge converted onto its BG bogies (it was just on some sort of SG
transfer bogies) and taken to Jolimont Yard (when that was still there)
tested and fired up, it did all about 3 months testing before going into
passenger service, had the normal press and minister run and the next
day entered service, when it failed on only its second run.  It failed
again the following day, but on the third day it started running as per
timetable.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news